Friday April 7 & Saturday April 8, 2017*
Please fill out our online Information Form, then schedule an appointment by contacting the office at:
If you reside outside 100 miles of Boise, you may submit your audition via video recording. All recordings should be emailed or uploaded to an internet video site (ie YouTube) and the link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8, 2017. Please click on your instrument link below for the recorded audition requirements. It is strongly suggested that those interested in the Blue Thunder Non Resident Fee Waiver submit their auditions prior to February 24th.
* If you are declaring as a Music Major or Minor and are auditioning as Brass or Woodwind, your Department of Music audition will count as your Blue Thunder audition. Percussion and Color Guard however, will need to complete an additional audition for Blue Thunder.
Please check the individual instrument PDF for specific requirements.
Below are the files you’ll need to audition for the Boise State Blue Thunder Drum Line. If you have any further questions please contact the band office at (208) 426-1846 or at email@example.com
Documents & Downloads:
- Drum Line Requirements & Cover Letter
- Drum Line Marching Component
- Rudiment Builders
- Snare Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Tenor Fanfare/Rally
- Bass Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Cymbal Fanfare/Rally
PLEASE READ COVER LETTER FOR FULL INSTRUCTION
- Snare members: must play both traditional and matched grips
- Everyone auditioning for the battery: learn all the parts to improve your chances of making a spot.
- Play the Rudiment Builders.
- Blue Thunder application
- Color Guard Audition Information Letter
- Audition Choreography text
- Audition Choreography video