2018-2019 Audition Information
Campus Auditions will take place April 6 & 7, 2018
Please fill out our online Information Form, then schedule an appointment by contacting the office at:
If you reside outside 100 miles of Boise, you may submit your audition via video recording. All recordings should be emailed or uploaded to an internet video site (ie YouTube) and the link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please click on your instrument link below for the recorded audition requirements. While it is strongly suggested that those interested in the Blue Thunder Non Resident Fee Waiver submit their auditions prior to February 23, 2018, there may be additional fee waivers available. Please contact the office.
* If you are declaring as a Music Major or Minor and are auditioning as Brass or Woodwind, your Department of Music audition will count as your Blue Thunder music audition. You will also need to submit a visual audition via video recording, please see the instructions on your instrument’s cover sheet below. Percussion and Color Guard however, will need to complete an additional audition for Blue Thunder.
Below are the files you’ll need to audition for the Boise State Blue Thunder Drum Line. If you have any further questions please contact the band office at (208) 426-1846 or at email@example.com.
Those interested in auditioning for the drum line should prepare the following:
- Play the Rudiment Builders, if interested in snare drum please play the page twice, once using match grip and once traditional. If auditioning for any other section please use match grip.
- Please play the Fanfare and Rally Song, music below, for any section you are interested in playing. (Snare, Tenor, Bass, Cymbal)
- Prepare the two exercises for the visual component for any sections you wish to be considered, follow the instructions on the top of each page. Those interested in snare, please play using traditional grip.
- If you wish to play anything else to show your talents, please feel free!
PLEASE READ COVER LETTER FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS
Documents & Downloads:
- Drum Line Requirements & Cover Letter
- Drum Line Marching Component
- Rudiment Builders
- Snare Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Tenor Fanfare/Rally
- Bass Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Cymbal Fanfare/Rally
- Blue Thunder application
- Color Guard Audition Information Letter
- Audition Choreography text
- Audition Choreography video