Audition Dates & Important information:
- All potential auditionees must fill out the Blue Thunder Marching Band Interest form
- Music Department Scholarship auditions: February 9 & February 23, 2019
- Out of State Fee Waiver decision making begins February 23, 2019
- Blue Thunder Marching Band Audition Weekend April 5 & 6, 2019
- Scholarships & Fee Waivers will be offered until funds are no longer available
For wind instrumentalists auditioning as Music Majors or Minors on February 9th and 23rd, and playing the same instrument as your Music Department audition:
- Your audition can count as the musical portion of your marching band audition
- You will need to complete the visual portion either in person or via video by the appropriate due date. Your audition will not be finalized, and no decision can be made until this is completed
- If you are planning to play a secondary instrument in the Blue Thunder, you will need to submit a complete separate audition in addition to your Music Department audition
- Potential Percussion & Color Guard members will need to complete an audition for the Blue Thunder, see below
For those residing within 100 miles & are auditioning for Blue Thunder (not Music Department) only:
- Wind & percussion audition dates are April 5 & 6 for the Fall 2019 season. Please contact the office for an audition time slot.
- Color Guard audition camp is April 5 & 6, please contact the office to secure your slot or speak with the instructor regarding options
For those residing outside 100 mile radius (including percussion and color guard):
- You may submit complete audition videos via internet upload, and email the link to email@example.com by the Audition weekend April 5 & 6, 2019
- For out of state applicants applying for Out of State Fee Waiver, it is highly recommended that we receive your completed audition link by February 23, 2019 when the committee will begin to make fee waiver decisions. Completed auditions received after this date will be processed and waivers offered if remaining awards are available
Below are the files you’ll need to audition for the Boise State Blue Thunder Drum Line. If you have any further questions please contact the band office at (208) 426-1846 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in auditioning for the drum line should prepare the following:
- Play the Rudiment Builders, if interested in snare drum please play the page twice, once using match grip and once traditional. If auditioning for any other section please use match grip.
- Please play the Fanfare and Rally Song, music below, for any section you are interested in playing. (Snare, Tenor, Bass, Cymbal)
- Prepare the two exercises for the visual component for any sections you wish to be considered, follow the instructions on the top of each page. Those interested in snare, please play using traditional grip.
- If you wish to play anything else to show your talents, please feel free!
PLEASE READ COVER LETTER FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS
Documents & Downloads:
- Drum Line Requirements & Cover Letter
- Drum Line Marching Component
- Rudiment Builders
- Snare Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Tenor Fanfare/Rally
- Bass Drum Fanfare/Rally
- Cymbal Fanfare/Rally
- Blue Thunder Interest Form
- Color Guard Audition Information Letter (coming soon!)
- Audition Choreography text (coming soon!)
- Audition Choreography video (coming soon!)